Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pro-Lifer Debate on Facebook

I just got into a Facebook argument with a woman I have never met. It was over this video posted by my friend, *******... a beautiful Christian woman, as well as an adoptive mother. She was using it, I believe to thank her "Superheros"... i.e her 3 children's biological mothers.


A friend of hers, who I will not name retorted to this video after I had commented:

Me: "Are these three the mothers who gave you your babies? If so I am thankful to them for you... *******, you are blessed by the gifts of your superheros. :D"

And one of ****'s sons' biological mommy: "That was a great video thanks *******; I love you all You guys are my heros thanks for never judging me and being willing to stand by my side on my worst days I could not be happier with the choice I made to have you guys be ****** mommy and daddy I'm so happy to have you apart of me I thank god for such an amazing family I love you all"

Here is her comment, and the debate that ensued.

Her: This video neglects to address the fact that these girls would have never had to make this decision had they had access to contraception and education about how to use it.

Me: Even contraception fail, and not all education is right... what makes them heros is that when the baby was HERE, and still a secret... they chose to go AGAINST mainstream "educations" and gave their babies LIFE and more importantly gave ***** and *******life as well, in the forms of three beautiful and happy and blessed children!

Another friend of *******'s added in reply to her comment:*****: I think today that the only ones who do not have easy access to free contraception are living 50 miles into the Appalachian mountains or 50 miles deep into the bayou. Anyway, life can take you by surprise. I got pregnant with my oldest daughter Samantha on a New Year's Eve, getting smashing drunk with my husband. Yes, I was married at the time, but nowhere near ready to have a child, especially at 20 and not having finished college.

Her: In many states girls under the age of 18 need parental consent and if many republicans would have there way health insurance would no longer pay for contraception. Also as part of the Bush era legacy abstinence–only education makes them confused and under educated. Yes they can get condoms but those fail or don't get used properly or at all. And with decreased funding to places like Planed Parenthood make it even more difficult for them. I am just saying if you are going to put so much pressure on these girls after they get pregnant, give them a fighting chance not to get that way in the first place.

Me: Abstinence IS the only free contraceptive that works 100% of the time. And planned parenthood, while it does do some good, supports murder and the COLD, CALCULATED murder of our most innocent, and defenseless, citizens... oh yes, here is a "conservative" point of view... and I didn't get here b/c of any brainwashed mumbo jumbo "confusion"...

I am a woman who after being taught abstinence before marriage by loving Christian parents, was sexually active teen and yet by the grace of God, I didn't concieve before meeting and marrying my husband.

Being sexually active scarred me in many ways... and I started my "activity" when I was 19. Even then, I know now, I was too young to make such a life altering decision as to have sex. CHILDREN under 18 have *no* business having sex, and we should *not* educate them to do so or that it's "okay" if they pop on a magic rubber film that will "keep them safe from pregnancy and STDs", when they are not 100% effective, anyways... but even my premarital trists aren't what makes me so passionately vocal for these girls, these heros, who went against the "pressure" also applied by people like you.

One month ago my husband and I miscarried our baby at 6 weeks. 6 weeks, and she had had a functioning heart before she died. Our little Miracle was a life that we mourn with all our hearts. An education from planned parenthood means *children* and *teens* who don't know any better get told that the *best* way is to MURDER their *own child*! Instead of being welcomed into the world by loving parents like *** and **** as well as the MOTHER who saw past her own selfish wants and saw that it wasn't *her body, her choice* because it was her baby's body that she would destroy, these babies are born to heaven...and trust me...as someone who lost a baby *naturally* and experience guilt at thinking somehow it *could* have been my fault... the guilt that would flood that baby's mother, who had taken her baby's life, would be unbearable.

Planned Parenthood, as well as the ER PA who "helped" us through our miscarriage would sooner call our baby a fetal tissue and incinerate it's remains, and that's that, everything's pretty again, we're no better off nor worse for losing our child. Nothing is worse then having someone who took an oath to protect you, to protect life turn into the person who encourages you to kill your child, or acts like the world is rainbows and lollipops when your baby dies... One less person contributing to global warming, right?

Once again, well done to these FANTASTIC mothers. Your selflessness at giving these babies life as well as to my dear friends, it blows me away.

Oh and I thank God for the dear friend who so lovingly encouraged me to stop having premarital sex and yet NEVER judged me but always loved me when I did mess up.... and THAT woman God has blessed abundantly...

THAT woman will surely "properly educate" her children so they "don't end up..." oh wait... did you hear what you said? And to whom? How cold!! Yes, ****'s children's biological mothers were in tight spots... but GOD used their situations for GOOD, and has blessed them with children when they were childless!

"Her children rise up and they bless her; her Husband also, and he praises her saying: 'many daughters have done nobly, but you excel them all.'" Proverbs 31:28

*******, you are blessed.

Much love, Lydia...or better yet: Miracle's *mommy*

♥ Miracle Celeste, born to Heaven 02.14.12 ♥

Me: Oh and by the way, in response to you, *****, acknowledging that condoms do fail... I know and have heard of many women who got pregnant while properly taking the pill, and even IUDs don't always work...

Her: Your arguments are not based on fact. Do some research on planned parenthood and you will see that what they do most is prevent abortions. less than 3% of what they do is abortions. I am simply trying to give a voice to those who have none. The young girls who don't know what is going on with their bodies and don't have parents who respect them enough to tell them.

Her: This argument is not going to be won, just please except the fact that their are two valid points to this argument. No one wants an abortion and no one wants to give them. It is an horrible thing to go through. But so is giving a baby up. I am glad those women went through with their pregnancies and gave ******* three children that is a beautiful and selfless thing to do. I just wish there were more resources dedicated to preventing unwanted pregnancies all together. Yes it is better for girls to wait but unless you put a chastity belt on your daughter that is likely not going to happen. And using condemnation from God is not going to work either. As you have stated even you had premarital sex. 

Me: Way to throw "even you had premarital sex" back to end your argument... I just clearly stated that if women like ******* or even myself now had been vocal about the scars I would receive, maybe I'd have paused to listen.

Or if society and media hadn't decided to "over-sex" the role models to little girls like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc... then those children wouldn't feel the need, or even think that it is okay, to make grown up choices. I do do research, sweetie.

My husband (and now I after losing our baby) are pro-life activists. It's funny... 3% huh? Now aren't condoms and contraceptives 97% effective? which means that when 97% of planned parenthood's "outreach" has failed, they make up for that with the 3%. Precious.

Me: Out of respect for the woman who is my hero in so many ways, I'm done with this argument. I've said my last word, feel free to say yours. I've been there, done that and because I went from a liberal non-partisan to a *gasp* conservative republican, I *know* both sides of the argument... it's a little harder to convince people like me that premarital sex is okay, that abortion is okay since I've been "converted" already... you're right... focus on the little kids who don't know any better and still have at least 15 years of wild, uninhibited, premarital sex without consequences ahead of them... now that's just a guess, considering the average age of a young person who gets married is 27, and currently children as young as 12 are having premarital sex.

Me: *******-- sorry for this ugly debate on something you meant to be a beautiful tribute to your babies and their biological mothers.

She just added [2 hours later]: I am sorry as well ******* I know you didn't put this up to offend anyone and know you think this video is a beautiful tribute to birth mothers, but it has a political agenda and I know you all know that. I understand your point but it can also offend and hurt people so just keep that in mind when you are telling other people how to live their lives.

~♥~

For my dear *******, I am hurt and troubled.

Thought I'd share this seeing as I now am considering myself a pro-life Activist... 

Oh, and *****, even though you won't be reading my blog... My husband and I *do* protest Planned Parenthood... *with signs*!

Here's my hubby's opinion on this debate between she and I:

Him: young girls have voices and can ask not to be killed - unborn babies can't. it's not giving a voice to people that have none to demand abortions and stand up for planned parenthood. there are never two valid points to an argument where helpless innocents are being murdered. the only valid point is that it needs to stop. some doctors want to give abortions, for the money... and it's not true that no one wants to get one - this is a free country and no one (with a few exceptions) was ever forced to get an abortion - however many mothers are duped into getting them, without being "educated" about the emotional consequences, just like they're duped into having uninhibited sex without being warned about those emotional consequences... and it's true, most parents actually don't respect their children enough to warn them about the dangers of premarital sex, what pregnancy is and what it's like, and most parents aren't there to support their daughters if they do decide to carry their babies to term and either keep them or give them up for adoption, because they're too concerned about their own selfish pride. i'm willing to bet that most abortions are performed on the daughters of religious parents hoping to avoid a scandal - and the rest are on inconvenient children who might get in the way of a career or an education. no one i know uses "condemnation from god" to intimidate young women into leading lifestyles that are healthy for them and their babies... instead, they are encouraged to enjoy the benefits and the joyous advantages of motherhood [me: within a committed, married relationship]. anyone who has researched planned parenthood knows that it isn't there to help pregnant mothers, it's there to cull the population of what it sees as the weak and non-contributing members of society like catholics and people with black skin, in the hope of speeding up the process of evolution and creating a dominant, super-race of un-flawed human beings; thereby improving the quality of life for the "strong" and mercifully ending the futile existences of the weak."

also, "The Federation opposes restrictions on women's reproductive health services, including parental consent laws."
the article says that planned parenthood made $164 million by murdering around 300,000 babies. If you consider a [me: unborn] child a human life, abortion comes in as the second leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.  also the number of homoicides in 2009 in the USA was 16,799... in other words about 20 times as many children were aborted than adults and children classified as victims of "homicide".

Food for thought. 

In memory of our little miracle, Miracle Celeste Serafino... at 5 weeks, she had a heart. At 6 weeks our heart was forever broken. With her brief life, our lives were forever changed.

**Image below is not our Miracle**



Love and Light.

1 comment:

  1. One last comment on the matter, from *******'s son's biological mother who had commented before:

    I was only 15 years old when I got pregnant I had no parents to educate me I was in foster care I was told I have 3 options abortion raising ******* or adoption I told my self I was not doing abortion neither adoption I was going to raise him and btw I was on the birth control pill thinking I was in the clear when I had ******* it was amazing I loved him more then anything when I had to go back to school I started to relize this is not easy I can't give him all that I want to the dad wasn't there I was alone that's when I decided to look into adoption he was 4 months old I met ******* and ***** I knew it was right from then on even know I was very hurt by this decision it is better that I gave him the life he dezerved they contuine to this day to love and care for not only ******* but myself my mind is only at rest because of how much love they give me

    ReplyDelete